I was looking for something different to do for breakfast. I never make pancakes at home so decided to try it. Like omelets, pancakes are something that can be customized and changed up. I just purchased some a pint of fresh blueberries from the store so I though I would use that. I was inspired by the following recipe.
To make the batter, the following ingredients were needed:
- 4 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt 3 eggs
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- powdered sugar, for sprinkling
At the time, I was short on vanilla and baking powder, so I will admit that I used Bisquick Shake n Pour for my batter.
- Take a cast iron skillet (I used a 10″) and put it in a 450 degree oven with 4 tbsp of unsalted butter, allowing it to melt
- Once the butter has melted, pour in the batter.
- Once the batter is spread evenly throughout the pan, sprinkle whatever berries you have on top (I used blueberries)
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until top starts to brown
- I used a toothpick to check the inside of the pancake for doneness.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar…the finished product was so moist I barely used any syrup.
Now I am armed with vanilla and baking powder to create my next pancake from scratch.